Monday, July 19, 2010

reviews of things

obits free at a park in brooklyn-
july 18th 2010

Some fucking band played before Obits. I don't think Obits really wanted to be there. That's cool because I don't think I really wanted to be there. It sure was hot. A lot of people have tattoos. A lot of people have interesting clothes. People like beer. Concrete absorbs heat. A fella made fun of the sound and then Obits made fun of him. The sound could have used a bit of tweaking in all honesty. The band gave out supersoakers under the condition that no one would squirt them because they didn't feel like being squirted. They were squirted. My buddy Connor/Conor was able to get off work in time to catch a few Obits songs. They played I Can't Lose, which was fun to hear. I like Obits. The Murder City Devils played. Apparently they are back together again. People with tattoos are really excited about this. Their keyboard player smoked a lot of cigarettes. I think I knew more of the words to their songs than their lead singer did. I noticed this floppy kid flopping around on people's shoulders at one point during their set. I'm pretty sure he made out with a girl I dated once. That's cool. There was watermelon juice for sale, but it would have been better if there were watermelon shoes for sale. Connor/Conor is a great dude. People at his job don't tip him and they're dicks. These folks asked Darren and I if we were from Long Island because we were wearing shirts sold by Long Island bands. One of these folks had a Nirvana shirt on. I asked if she was from Seattle. She did not laugh. Vitamin Water were there being assholes. That fella from that Disnihil band was selling waters. Chris Enriquez sure knows everyone. The Murder City Devils covered The Birthday Party. I don't think they played that one song about forgetting things. Zico pomegranate flavored coconut water isn't very good. I know they call it an "ice cream headache," but I think I've only gotten the headache while eating slurpees and icee type things. Never from ice cream. Darren got me a vhs tape of Aerosmith making the video for Love in an Elevator. It's so fucked up.

No comments:

Post a Comment