Thursday, January 15, 2009

Legendary Legends of Rock and Roll Legend Profiles

The Clash

The Clash were a band. They sung about a lot of countries they did not live in. Sometimes they wore shirts without sleeves. They played Shea Stadium once. People say the Bad Brains blew them away when they played together, but that's just what the Bad Brains did back then so it's no big deal. Their bass player was tall. His name was Paul Simonon. I have heard people say things like, "The Clash were posers." or "Joe Strummer was a dick." or "The Clash were a bunch of spoiled rich college kids who co-opted the vision of urban punk anarchists/activists and they were dicks too." The people that say these things should only be saying "I don't bathe often." or "I didn't write 'The Magnificent Seven.'" Joe Strummer died once a few years ago.

1 comment:

  1. I like my clothes, don't want to grow
    I'll stick around, 'til you say go

    ReplyDelete